Call a New Orleans auto repair expert like those at Twin Tire and Auto Care if you smell something burning.
You were thinking of driving to Napoleonville for part of the Birdfoot Festival but you're a bit hesitant to get on the road because your car's engine seems to be emitting a burning smell.
You're right to be cautious. A burning smell is one indication that your transmission could be headed for trouble. But a burning smell might signal other problems as well. It's definitely time to take your car to a New Orleans auto repair expert like the certified technicians at Twin Tire and Auto Care.
The transmission, of course, is a hugely important part of your engine. And the best way to keep it going is to make sure you get regular basic auto care. But there are other things you can do to keep your transmission in good shape. Myautomatictransmission.com offers some. Among them:
- "Get into the routine of checking your transmission fluid level and condition on a regular basis. This is the No. 1 thing you can do to help insure your transmission continues to run smoothly and trouble-free."
- Follow the manufacturer's recommended service schedule.
- "Do not tow a vehicle or trailer that exceeds the tow weight limitation of your vehicle. Doing so causes tremendous heat build up inside the transmission."
- "When backing up, always come to a complete stop before shifting into drive 'D.'"
- "When parking your vehicle, especially when parking on an incline, set the emergency brake ... BEFORE shifting the transmission into the park 'P' position."
- "Do not spin the wheels when stuck."
Whether you're searching for New Orleans auto repair or auto care, Twin Tire can help. Twin Tire has three convenient locations in the New Orleans area: Marrero, Hammond and Harvey. Twin Tire also has a location in Harahan for heavy commercial vehicles.
While you're here, ask about the Twin Tire Rewards program. You build up points with each qualifying purchase - and get bonus points with some service. You can trade those points for more great New Orleans auto care and auto repair, cash them in for travel perks, or donate them to a New Orleans charity like the Children's Hospital of New Orleans.
New Orleans Auto Repair | New Orleans Transmissions | New Orleans Auto Care | Twin Tire and Auto Care
#NewOrleansAutoRepair #NewOrleansTransmissions #NewOrleansAutoCare #TwinTireandAutoCare