Regular auto care is a great way to save money by saving gas.
One of your favorite activities is taking day trips outside New Orleans, whether it's to Bayou Teche, the Abita Mystery House or elsewhere. So you're delighted that spring is almost here and gas prices have dropped. But even though gas prices are lower, you still want to wring every mile you can out of a gallon of gas so you have more to spend on the fun stuff.
Good Housekeeping has some suggestions for saving up to 20 percent at the pump. Among them:
- Check your air filter. A clean air filter can improve gas mileage by as much as 10 percent.
- Make sure your tires are properly aligned and save up to 10 percent.
- Get a tune up. A properly tuned car can save you up to 4 percent at the pump.
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated.
- Check your gas cap. A loose or missing cap allows fumes to escape.
You might have noticed that those tips have something in common. They're all part of good basic auto care. That's right, regular auto care not only prolongs the life of your engine, it also means your car gets more miles to the gallon. A small investment for some big winnings.
Of course, when you get that regular auto care, you come to Twin Tire and Auto Care. Locally owned, Twin Tire has been the trusted auto care and auto repair shop in New Orleans since 1973. Twin Tire has three convenient locations in Marrero, Harvey and Hammond to serve you. Twin Tire also has a location in Harahan for heavy commercial vehicles.