These five tips can help keep your auto air conditioning functioning at top level this summer.
With all of New Orleans’ pools open and swimming lessons in session, can anyone doubt that summer is here? As the summer goes on, the temperatures will rise. That means a lot of days climbing into a car that’s been baking in the hot sun for hours while you work. Then, of course, there are the road trips with the heat rising from the road and the sun beating down on you and your passengers. You definitely want to make sure your car a/c is working.
Even if you don’t need auto air repair, you want to make sure the a/c is functioning at its best. Here are some tips from the Mobile Air Conditioning Society Worldwide to help keep your car cool all summer long:
- If you can, leave the windows down slightly when you’re parked on hot days. “An a/c system works by removing heat, so the cooler the interior is to start with, the easier and faster the a/c will do its job,” the society says.
- When you first get in the car, open all the windows completely, or even open the doors, for a moment to quickly vent the hot air out.
- “When you first turn the a/c on, set the controls to MAX or REC and use the highest blower speed. This moves the greatest volume of air and re-circulates it for even faster cool-down. As soon as you are comfortable, switch the system to NORM or OUTSIDE or FRESH, and select a lower fan speed. The lower blower speed produces colder the air from the system.
- “Does your cool air have a bad odor, perhaps like 'dirty socks' or a gym locker? Remember to set the system to the OUTSIDE air mode (not REC) frequently to help prevent or lessen this problem.”
- If you have an automatic temperature control system, read your owner’s manual. Automatic systems operate differently than manual systems and you need to understand how yours works. “With most automatic systems,” the society says, “the quickest cool-down comes by setting the temperature as low as it will go at first, then adjusting it later to occupant comfort.”
If these tips don’t help cool your car, then you might need a/c service or auto air repair. If so, the place to call in the greater New Orleans area is Twin Tire and Auto Care. Twin Tire has been the a/c repair shop of choice in Gretna and Metairie since it opened in 1973. Twin Tire has three convenient locations to service your car or light truck – Harvey, Marrero and Hammond. We also service heavy, commercial trucks at our Harahan location.
Auto Air Repair Metairie | New Orleans A/C Repair | A/C Service Gretna
#AutoAirRepairMetairie #NewOrleansA/CRepair #A/CServiceGretna #TwinTireandAutoCare Twin Tire and Auto Care is a proud provider of Firestone Tires | Bridgestone Tires | Goodyear Tires for the New Orleans area.