When your auto air needs repair, you need to consult the New Orleans auto care and auto air pros at Twin Tire.
Weather forecasters are predicting a break in the sweltering heat that's been consuming New Orleans this summer. Of course, that's only because of cloud cover and expected rain. You know what that means - between storms, high temperatures and muggy heat.
With the temporary break from the heat, it's a good time for drivers to make sure their auto air is working. As the nonprofit Car Care Council says, "Imagine being stuck in traffic on a 90-degree day when your vehicle’s air conditioning system malfunctions. With summer heating up, the non-profit Car Care Council recommends that motorists be car care aware and have their A/C system checked to make sure it is working properly."
Typical A/C service by a professional service technician should consist of these steps, the council says:
- Service technician visually inspects hoses, lines, seals and other components for leaks as well as inspects the drive belt for cracks or damage.
- Technician checks pressure to test operation, refrigerant charge and outlet temperatures.
- If the system is found to be low on refrigerant, a leak test is performed to find the source of the leak. Leaking refrigerant heats up a vehicle and damages the ozone layer.
- Refrigerant may be added, if necessary, to “top off” the system, although some states do not allow “topping off.”
- A technician may also check for evidence of refrigerant cross-contamination.
- A/C service should also include a check of the compressor’s drive belt and tension.
Twin Tire has been the trusted New Orleans auto care and auto repair service center since 1973. Twin Tire has three convenient New Orleans auto care and auto repair service centers to help you - Marrero, Harvey and Hammond. Twin Tire also has a New Orleans auto repair and auto care location in Harahan for heavy commercial vehicles.
New Orleans Auto Care | New Orleans Auto Repair | Twin Tire Auto Care
#NewOrleansAutoCare #NewOrleansAutoRepair #TwinTireAutoCare