The way to stay cool in New Orleans all summer is to get your auto air service done now.
With the official start to summer just days away, the temperatures here in New Orleans are already in the low 90s and expected to get even higher. That makes a hot time at the Saints mini camp and a hot time when you get in your car after it’s been parked in the blazing sun all day. And, it’s even worse if your auto air conditioning is on the fritz. As the non-profit Car Care Council points out: “Sitting in traffic when temperatures soar without a properly functioning air conditioning (a/c) system is the last place most drivers want to be.”
And the way to avoid that, the council says, is to have your a/c system checked annually to make sure it’ll work when you need it to. The council says, “A vehicle’s heating, ventilating and air conditioning system keeps the interior cabin comfortable in any season by providing the right temperature and humidity level. Typical a/c service consists of the following steps:
- “Service technician visually inspects hoses, lines, seals and other components for leaks as well as inspect the drive belt for cracks or damage.
- “Technician checks pressures to test operation, refrigerant charge and outlet temperatures.
- “If the system is found to be low on refrigerant, a leak test is performed to find the source of the leak. Keep in mind that if your vehicle is leaking refrigerant, it is damaging the ozone layer.
- “Refrigerant may be added if necessary to ‘top off’ the system, although some states do not allow ‘topping off.’
- “A technician may also check for evidence of refrigerant cross-contamination, which is the mixing of refrigerants.
- “A/c service should also include a check of the compressor’s drive belt and tension.”
And, finally, the Car Care Council suggests you also have your cabin air filter checked “to make sure air is flowing properly into the car.”
The place to come for a/c service in New Orleans is Twin Tire and Auto Care. Our certified auto mechanics are experts in auto air service (maintenance) and auto air repair. Twin Tire has been the trusted auto repair facility for folks in New Orleans, Gretna and Metairie since 1973. We have three convenient locations to service cars and light trucks: Harvey, Marrero and Hammond. And we have a location in Harahan for heavy, commercial vehicles.
Gretna A/C Repair | New Orleans Auto Air Service | Metairie Auto Air Repair
#GretnaA/CService #NewOrleansAutoAirRepair #MetairieAutoAirRepair #TwinTireandAutoCare Twin Tire and Auto Care is a proud provider of Firestone Tires | Bridgestone Tires | Goodyear Tires for the New Orleans area.