Whether it's regular New Orleans auto care or New Orleans auto repair, when you need help with your car or truck, you need the certified New Orleans auto care pros at Twin Tire.
The days are getting warmer and baby creatures are being born at the zoo. Those are only a couple of signs that spring is about to, well, spring. In fact, spring officially begins next week.
The National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence points out that "spring is one of the prime times for auto maintenance." It's a great time to start washing winter's grit off the car and to clean it out to remove the remainder of winter's mud and dirt. It's also a good time for routine maintenance. As ASE says, "Some preparation now will help ensure that your summer driving plans go as smoothly as you envision then now."
ASE offers these tips on getting your vehicle ready for summer:
- Read the owner's manual and follow the recommended service schedules.
- Have hard starts, rough idling, stalling, etc. corrected before hot weather sets in.
- Flush and refill the cooling system (radiator) according to the service manual's recommendations. The level, condition, and concentration of the coolant should be checked periodically.
- The tightness and condition of belts, clamps, and hoses should be checked by a qualified auto technician.
- Have a marginally operating air conditioner system serviced by a qualified technician to reduce the likelihood of more costly repairs.
- Change the oil and oil filter as specified in owner's manual. (Properly dispose of used oil.)
- Replace other filters (air, fuel, PCV, etc.) as recommended.
- Check the condition of tires, including the spare. Always check tire pressure when the tires are cold.
- Inspect all lights and bulbs; replace burned out bulbs.
- Replace worn wiper blades and keep plenty of washer solvent on hand to combat summer's dust and insects.
Twin Tire has been the trusted New Orleans auto care and auto repair service center since 1973. Twin Tire has three convenient New Orleans auto care and auto repair service centers to help you - Marrero, Harvey and Hammond. Twin Tire also has a New Orleans auto repair and auto care location in Harahan for heavy commercial vehicles.