Combine regular auto care with our rewards program and you'll save on hotel bills, air fare and more, and also have your car last longer.
You were coming home from the Pelicans game last night when you noticed a funny smell. You think it might be something you stepped in - spilled beer, funky hot dog, whatever. You hope it's gone when you get in your car to go to work this morning.
We also hope it's gone. But if it isn't, that smell might be telling you something. The nonprofit Car Care Council points out six smells that signal something could be wrong with your car:
1. "The smell of burnt rubber could be slipping drive belts or misplaced loose hoses that might be rubbing against rotating accessory drive pulleys. Do not reach in if the engine compartment is hot.
2. "The smell of hot oil could mean that oil is leaking onto the exhaust system. To verify the leak, look for oil on the pavement or smoke coming from the engine area.
3. "The smell of gasoline is likely the sign of a gas leak in some area of the vehicle such as a fuel injector line or the casino online fuel tank. Any smell of fuel can result in a possible fire hazard, so immediate attention should be given.
4. "The sweet smell of syrup may be a sign that your car is leaking engine coolant from a leaky component related to the car’s cooling system. Do not open the radiator cap when it is hot.
5. "The smell of burning carpet could be a sign of brake trouble and a safety hazard. Have your brakes checked right away, especially if this smell is happening during normal driving conditions.
6. "The smell of rotten eggs is never a good one and, if you smell it coming from your vehicle, it could mean a problem with your catalytic converter not converting the hydrogen sulfide in the exhaust to sulfur dioxide properly. This smell can also be attributed to a poor running engine, causing the catalytic converter to become overloaded and fail due to meltdown."
Rich White, the council's executive director, recommends: "When you smell any peculiar odor, you should not ignore it. Instead bring your vehicle to a professional service technician that you trust to get an informed opinion on the nature of the odor."
In New Orleans, that means bringing your car to Twin Tire and Auto Care. Twin Tire has been the New Orleans area's trusted auto care and auto repair company since 1973. Not only do we provide great auto care, we also have a rewards program that earns you points for discounts on Twin Tire service, airline travel and hotel stays. You can also choose to receive gift cards or pass your savings on to one of four charities: Cafe Hope, Children's Hospital, Covenant House, or the Fuller Center for Housing. And, best of all, it's free to sign up and open to all Twin Tire customers.
Twin Tire has three convenient locations - Marrero, Harvey and Hammond - and the rewards program is available at all of them. Twin Tire also has a location in Harahan for heavy commercial vehicles. Come on in. Sign up. And get your car or truck checked out today!
New Orleans | Auto Care | Twin Tire Rewards | Rewards Near Me | Auto Care Discount | Twin Tire and Auto Care
#NewOrleans #AutoCare #TwinTireRewards #RewardsNearMe #AutoCareDiscount #TwinTireandAutoCare