You need a New Orleans auto repair and auto care expert to help keep your tires from going flat.
You were coming home from the Oak Street Po-Boy Festival on Sunday when you had a flat tire. You managed to pull over to the side of the road and get your tire changed without any harm. But it's still not an experience you want to repeat.
The best way to avoid another flat tire is to find a quality New Orleans auto repair and auto care expert who can help maintain your tires: regularly check the tread and tire for signs of wear, rotate them, check to make sure they're properly inflated, and look for nails or other debris that might be embedded in them. The quality New Orleans auto repair and auto care experts at Twin Tire Auto Care can help you with that.
Twin Tire has been the trusted New Orleans auto repair and auto care service center since 1973. Twin Tire's certified New Orleans auto repair and auto care experts can help with tire maintenance, tire repair, and tire replacement. Twin Tire carries all brands, sizes and style of tire to fit any driving need.
Twin Tire has three New Orleans auto repair and auto care centers: Harvey, Hammond and Marrero. Twin Tire also has a Harahan location for service to heavy commercial vehicles.
But, if you do happen to have a flat while driving (maybe you drove over broken glass or some other debris), here are some safety tips from cars.com:
- Keep a firm, steady grip on the steering wheel and maintain a straight course. Concentrate on keeping or regaining control.
- Keep calm. Remember: Control over your mind means control over your car.
- Turn on the hazard lights.
- Ease off the accelerator to slow the vehicle. Once the vehicle is under control, brake gently with steady pressure to reduce the vehicle speed to a walking pace, then gradually steer the car off the roadway — preferably into a parking lot or other safe area away from traffic.
- If you can't get off the roadway safely, get to the far right and slowly move down the shoulder until it is wide enough for you to stop. (This will probably cause further tire and wheel damage, but your personal safety comes first.)
- Don't slam on the brakes. Drivers often react by stepping on the brakes; this could disrupt the car's ability to balance itself during a blowout.
- Don't make sudden steering changes that may upset the car's stability and cause a further loss of control.
- Don't drive any farther on a flat tire than is absolutely necessary; tire and wheel damage will result.
- Don't use instant tire sealants when repairing the damaged tire. They only prevent the quick dispersal of air rather than adequately plugging the puncture. They are useful if you are going to drive less than five miles at low speeds to get to a flat tire repair facility.
New Orleans Auto Repair | New Orleans Auto Care | Twin Tire and Auto Care
#NewOrleansAutoRepair #NewOrleansAutoCare #TwinTireandAutoCare Twin Tire and Auto Care is a proud provider of Firestone Tires | Bridgestone Tires | Goodyear Tires for the New Orleans area.