When your tires need repair or replacing, you need the certified New Orleans auto care experts at Twin Tire.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration launched a "tirewise" safety campaign last May. The timing of the event was calculated for the beginning of summer travel season. Well, summer travel season has come and gone and now we're here at the beginning of another major travel season - the holidays. Travel spikes during the Thanksgiving, Christmas, and winter holidays. And the NHTSA's advice is as good now as it was then.
"According to NHTSA's research, drivers in the U.S. put more than 2.969 trillion miles on their tires each year. Nearly 11,000 tire-related crashes happen each year, with almost 200 people dying in those crashes," cars.com points out.
"Many of these crashes and deaths can be prevented through proper tire maintenance — including tire inflation and rotation — and understanding tire labels, tire aging, and recalls."
The NHTSA recommends five tire care tips. As cars.com says, they'll save you money as well as help keep you safe on the road:
- "Check the pressure of all tires, including your spare, at least once a month when the tires are 'cold,' meaning that the car hasn't been driven for at least three hours.
- "Check your tire tread at least once a month when you're checking their pressure.
- "Having your tires balanced and a wheel alignment performed by a qualified technician is important for the safety of your vehicle as well as to maximize the life of your tires.
- "Rotating your tires can help reduce irregular wear, which will help your tires last longer and maintain better fuel efficiency.
- "Purchase new tires that are the same size as the vehicle's original tires or another size recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. "
The easy way to do this is to have the New Orleans auto care experts at Twin Tire Auto Care check your tires. And, if you need new tires, the pros at Twin Tire will help. Twin Tire carries all makes, models, size and style of tire to fit any driving need, driving style or vehicle.
Twin Tire has been the trusted New Orleans auto care and auto repair service center since 1973. Twin Tire has three conveniently located New Orleans auto care and auto repair service centers to help you - Harvey, Hammond and Marrero. Twin Tire also has a New Orleans auto repair and auto care center in Harahan for heavy commercial vehicles.
New Orleans Auto Care | New Orleans Auto Repair | Twin Tire Auto Care
#NewOrleansAutoCare #NewOrleansAutoRepair #TwinTireAutoCare Twin Tire and Auto Care is a proud provider of Firestone Tires | Bridgestone Tires | Goodyear Tires for the New Orleans area.