When it’s time to see a Marrero tire care, repair and replacement specialist, it’s time to see the Marrero tire guys at Twin Tire.
When you were driving home from the Jazz Fest, you noticed that your car seemed to be slipping on the pavement. When you got home, you took a look at your tires and, while they did have some places that looked more worn than others, they basically seemed okay.
But now you’re wondering if you need to have a Marrero tire technician take a look at them before you go back to the Jazz Fest today.
The answer is an unqualified “YES!”
Uneven wear is one early indication that your tires are going to fail. Others, according to Consumer Reports:
- Cracking or cuts in the sidewalls.
- Excessively worn tread. Most modern tires have tread-wear indicator bars running across the tread, which signal the minimum allowable tread depth of 1/16-inch. When the tread wears down to these bars, it's time for new tires. Inexpensive tread-wear gauges are available at auto-parts and tire stores.
- Alternatively, you can use a Lincoln-head penny as a tread-wear indicator. Insert the penny into a tire groove with Lincoln's head toward the tire. If you can see the top of Abe's head, the tread is too worn.
- Bulges or blisters. If you see a bulge or blister on the sidewall, replace the tire at once. These signal potential weak spots that could lead to tire failure.
- Excessive vibration. Tire vibration may be a sign a wheel is misaligned, unbalanced, or bent. It could also signify internal tire damage. Don't ignore vibration: Have the vehicle serviced at once.
If you have any of these problems, it’s definitely time to see the Marrero tire experts at Twin Tire Auto Care. Twin Tire’s experts in Marrero tires can help you whether you need tire care, tire repair, or new tires.
Now’s a great time to shop for new tires at all Twin Tire locations. Twin Tire has a coupon – buy a tire installation package and you get one free tire when you buy three tires. An installation package includes tire mounting and balancing, alignment and road hazard. The deal applies only to select tires and it’s only available through May 31. Ask one of Twin Tire’s tire guys for full details.
Twin Tire has been the trusted New Orleans auto care and auto repair service center since 1973. Twin Tire has three convenient New Orleans auto care and auto repair service centers to help you - Marrero, Harvey and Hammond.
New Orleans Auto Care | New Orleans Auto Repair | Marrero Tires | Twin Tire Auto Care
#NewOrleansAutoCare #NewOrleansAutoRepair # MarreroTires #TwinTireAutoCare