It's almost spring. Time for mudbug festivals and road trips. Make sure your tires and car are roadworthy before you leave Metairie-New Orleans.
It’s March and that means we’re entering peak season for mudbug harvesting.
That means: ROAD TRIPS!
Yep. The season for road trips is almost upon us. Whether you plan to head out to sample every crawfish festival scheduled, a spot of fishing, or just enjoy the glorious Louisiana spring, the Car Care Council has some words of advice: “Avoid a mid-trip breakdown with a pre-trip vehicle check.”
“Spring break time is finally here. While jumping in the car and heading to a warmer climate may sound like a great idea, don’t forget to make sure your car is road ready before you go,” said Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council. “A pre-trip vehicle check will give you peace of mind because you can take steps to have any needed repairs performed before you go.”
The Car Care Council recommends the following pre-trip checklist before hitting the road:
- Check the brake system and make sure the battery connection is clean, tight and corrosion-free.
- Check filters and fluids, including engine oil, power steering and brake and transmission, as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant. Dirty air filters can waste gas and cause the engine to lose power.
- Check the hoses and belts that can become cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or show signs of excessive wear. These are critical to the proper functioning of the electrical system, air conditioning, power steering and the cooling system.
- Check the tires, including tire pressure and tread. Underinflated tires reduce a vehicle’s fuel economy and uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots.
- Check that the gas cap is not damaged, loose or missing to prevent gas from spilling or evaporating.
The best place to get your car checked out is Twin Tire and Auto Care. Locally owned, Twin Tire has been the trusted car repair shop in Metairie-New Orleans for more than 40 years. We’re also known as THE place to go for new tires. We carry all brands, sizes and styles to fit any car or truck. We have three locations to service cars and light trucks – Harvey, Marrero and Hammond. And we have a shop in Harahan to service heavy commercial trucks.
Tires Metairie | Tires Harvey | Tires Hammond | Tires Marrero
Twin Tire and Auto Care is a proud provider of Firestone Tires | Bridgestone Tires | Goodyear Tires for the New Orleans area.