When your auto air conditioning needs servicing or repair, it's time to call the New Orleans auto care specialists at Twin Tire.
You know the drill. You come out of work at the end of a long, frustrating day and you get into - a hot car. We mean really hot. So you turn on your auto air conditioner and it's still hot. It just doesn't seem to cool things off. And we still have a long summer and lots of high New Orleans temperatures to go, so that means there's no relief in sight.
That's a pretty miserable thought, right? Well, if your auto air conditioning isn't working, it's definitely time to get it serviced. As Rich White, executive director of the nonprofit Car Care Council, says, “Making sure your A/C system is working properly will keep you and your passengers cool and safe, making it a very enjoyable summer on the road.”
The council explains that typical auto A/C service by a professional service technician consists of the following steps:
- Service technician visually inspects hoses, lines, seals and other components for leaks as well as inspects the drive belt for cracks or damage.
- Technician checks pressure to test operation, refrigerant charge and outlet temperatures.
- If the system is found to be low on refrigerant, a leak test is performed to find the source of the leak. Leaking refrigerant heats up a vehicle and damages the ozone layer.
- Refrigerant may be added, if necessary, to “top off” the system, although some states do not allow “topping off.”
- A technician may also check for evidence of refrigerant cross-contamination.
- A/C service should also include a check of the compressor’s drive belt and tension.
The Car Care Council also recommends that when having a vehicle’s HVAC system inspected, the cabin air filter be checked to make sure air is flowing properly into the car.
Twin Tire has been the trusted New Orleans auto care and auto repair service center since 1973. Twin Tire has three convenient New Orleans auto care and auto repair service centers to help you - Marrero, Harvey and Hammond. Twin Tire also has a New Orleans auto repair and auto care location in Harahan for heavy commercial vehicles.
New Orleans Auto Care | New Orleans Auto Repair | Twin Tire Auto Care
#NewOrleansAutoCare #NewOrleansAutoRepair #TwinTireAutoCare