Now that summer is officially here, it’s time to get a Marrero auto care technician to check out your auto air conditioning.
It’s official – summer started yesterday. That means hot temperatures and road trips to places like Pensacola to cool down with a quick swim. But even if you cool off with a quick swim, it doesn’t last long if you get back into a hot car with an auto air conditioner that doesn’t work.
“As the weather turns warmer, the last thing anyone wants to be is hot under the collar in their vehicle when they are driving to work or on a family vacation,” said Rich White, executive director of the nonprofit Car Care Council. “Making sure your A/C system is working properly will keep you and your passengers cool and safe, making it a very enjoyable summer on the road.”
The best way to do that is to have your auto air conditioning system checked out now by a certified Marrero auto care specialist. If anything’s wrong, a trusted Marrero auto care pro can fix it before you get stuck in traffic – or on the road – in 90-plus degree weather with an auto air conditioner that doesn’t cool things off.
What can you expect from a typical auto a/c check up by a Marrero auto care expert? Quite a lot according to the Car Care Council:
- Service technician visually inspects hoses, lines, seals and other components for leaks as well as inspects the drive belt for cracks or damage.
- Technician checks pressure to test operation, refrigerant charge and outlet temperatures.
- If the system is found to be low on refrigerant, a leak test is performed to find the source of the leak. Leaking refrigerant heats up a vehicle and damages the ozone layer.
- Refrigerant may be added, if necessary, to “top off” the system, although some states do not allow “topping off.”
- A technician may also check for evidence of refrigerant cross-contamination.
- A/C service should also include a check of the compressor’s drive belt and tension.
If you’re looking for a reliable Marrero auto care pro to check out your auto air, look no further than the Marrero auto care guys at Twin Tire Auto Care.
You can also take advantage of Twin Tire's June special on auto air conditioning: a/c drain, evac and recharge for only $99.95. That’s a savings of $40.04 over the normal price of $139.99.
Or, if your compressor is broken (or you have another Marrero auto repair need), you can take advantage of Twin Tire’s other June deal – 10 percent off on any mechanical service you need up to $100.
Ask a Twin Tire auto repair pro for full details on both deals. But take advantage of them now, they’re only good until the end of the month.
Twin Tire has been the trusted New Orleans auto care and auto repair service center since 1973. Twin Tire has three convenient New Orleans auto care and auto repair service centers to help you - Marrero, Harvey and Hammond.