Communication is key to good car repair in Metairie-New Orleans. Or anywhere else, for that matter.
We’ve all been there. You’re talking to someone and the conversation just isn’t going anywhere. It’s as if you’re talking different languages. That happens to a lot of people when they go for car repair. You’re telling the mechanic your problem and the mechanic is saying something. But there seems to be this huge gap in understanding.
The car repair experts at Twin Tire and Auto Care see this happen a lot. And we know that’s bad for you and your car so here are some tips from the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence to help make your car care experience better.
Among the ASE tips:
- Perform regularly scheduled maintenance.
- Keep a log of all repairs.
- Use all your senses to keep track of your car’s performance – note any odd smells, noises or changes in performance and when they occur (during turning, when accelerating, while changing gears, etc.)
- Make a written list of the symptoms and be ready to describe them.
- Ask as many questions as you need. Do not be embarrassed to request lay definitions.
- Don't rush the service writer or technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. Ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
- Leave a phone number where you can be reached.
But, above all, talk to us. We’re here to help and we want to make your auto care experience with us a positive one. We have three car repair shops in the Metairie-New Orleans area – Harvey, Marrero and Hammond – for cars and light trucks. We have a fourth in Harahan for heavy trucks. While you’re here, ask us about our money-saving specials. When you leave, we want you to be able to enjoy tonight’s tennis match between the Lady Tigers from LSU and UNO rather than wonder: “What the heck was the problem with my car?”