You can make your tires last longer with a bit of care.
One of the many great perks of living in the greater New Orleans area is that there’s always something to do. Whether it’s tonight’s Pelicans game against the Detroit Pistons or even a French lesson in Metairie, there’s always something brewing. So you definitely don’t want to take time out of your day to hang around an auto repair shop (even one as nice as Twin Tire) to pick out four new tires and have them installed.
The best way to avoid that is to take care of your tires so they last a lot longer. Here are five tips from the Christian Science Monitor:
- Keep your tires properly inflated. (This makes sense at any time, but especially in winter when colder weather can affect the air in your tires.) Check the tire pressure once a month. You can do this with a tire gauge or you can drop by one of Twin Tire and Auto Care’s three convenient locations to have our ASE-certified auto mechanics check your tire pressure. This has an added benefit, the Monitor points out: “Remember, by keeping your tires inflated to the proper pressure, you can improve your gas mileage by up to 3.3 percent.”
- Glance at your tires every time you stop for gas to see if there are any bulges or cracks.
- Have your tires rotated and balanced every other time you have an oil change.
- Avoid potholes and other road hazards.
- Check your tires for uneven wear that can indicate your tires aren’t aligned properly. And make sure you have plenty of tread by inserting a quarter upside down in a groove. If you can see all of George Washington’s head, you need a new tire.
The easy thing to do is, of course, to have Twin Tire perform all those tire care chores. But whether you do it or have Twin Tire do it, you’re going to eventually need new tires. The place to get them is Twin Tire, the trusted tire sales folks in the Metairie-New Orleans area for more than 41 years. We have three convenient auto care locations in Harvey, Marrero and Hammond to handle cars and light trucks. For heavy trucks and commercial vehicles, try our Harahan location. We have all brands, sizes and style of tire to suit any type of vehicle – new, used, antique, gas powered, hybrid, diesel, or electric.
If you do have to buy a new set of tires, now’s the time. Twin Tire has a $25 gift certificate for our customers to use whatever way they want (except on a conventional oil change). You have until Jan. 31 to use it and it can’t be combined with any other offer.
Tires Metairie | Tires Harvey | Tires Hammond | Tires Marrero
Twin Tire and Auto Care is a proud provider of Firestone Tires | Bridgestone Tires | Goodyear Tires for the New Orleans area.