Drop by Twin Tire for some New Orleans auto care before the long Labor Day weekend.
The last three-day weekend of the summer is almost here. And many in New Orleans, as elsewhere, will be taking road trips to get away from it all. Some won't wait for Saturday, they'll leave tonight (after the New Orleans Saints vs. Ravens pregame perhaps?) or early tomorrow to make a mini-vacation of the holiday.
Many people will take their dog - or other pet - along with them. The American Veterinary Medical Association offers these tips for pet travel:
- Make sure your pet is comfortable with travel.
- Make sure your pet has identification tags with up-to-date information.
- Having your pet implanted with a microchip can improve your chances of getting your pet back if it becomes lost. The microchip must be registered with your current contact information, including a cell phone number.
- If you are taking your pet across state or international borders, a health certificate as well as other documentation may be required.
- Make sure that your pet is allowed where you are staying.
And never, ever leave your pet (or child) locked in a car. Even if the day doesn't seem especially hot, temperatures in cars (essentially a box made of glass and metal) can rise quickly.
If you're planning to go on the road - or even it you're sticking around New Orleans - it's wise to get your car checked out. Nothing spoils a weekend like a broken down car. And it's even worse if you have a pet and/or child with you.
Twin Tire has been the trusted New Orleans auto care and auto repair service center since 1973. Twin Tire has three convenient New Orleans locations to serve you: Marrero, Hammond and Harvey. Twin Tire also has a location in Harahan for heavy commercial vehicles.
Be sure to sign up for the Twin Tire Rewards loyalty program. It's free. You get points for every qualified purchase. You can redeem those points for more quality auto care. Or you can trade them for travel perks. Or you can donate them to a New Orleans charity, like Cafe Hope.
Be sure you get your car checked out today or tomorrow because Twin Tire will be closed Saturday and Labor Day to enjoy the holiday with family and friends.